This page serves as a map of sorts, where we're headed with Craftsman Creative if you're on the journey with us.
Updated sporatically it will show you where we've been and how we got here, as well as where we're going.
March 2, 2019
Registered the domain name craftsmancreative.co, with no idea what it was going to be.
The idea for courses came about, understanding that the purpose of the business would be to serve creators, initially through online courses.
Started filming my first course, Make Something, to help creators do their work at a professional level, overcome procrastination and doubt, and create consistently. Launched on April 3, 2020.
Launched the first partner course with Hayley Barry and did $10,000 in sales in the first week of launch. The business model for Craftsman Creative was born.
Launched a few more courses, sales crossed $30k in sales for the year.
Hired a contractor to find new leads for course partners. $1,000 for five leads.
Launched first course with a partner I'd never met before, Tyler Rye, who had ~55k followers at the time of launch. Filmed with my buddy Jake Featherstone, expanding the scope of the production side of the courses.
Filmed three more courses with people I hadn't met before, and traveled to AZ and NYC, expanding what was possible with course partners.
Took two months away from Craftsman Creative to produce a feature film, but came back to find that the courses were still selling, launches were successful, and we were on track to cross $50k in sales sometime during the summer.
Crossed $50k in sales for Craftsman Creative
In a moment of contemplation, introspection, and planning, decided that the focus needed to be on awareness, helping more people discover Craftsman Creative. The "write a book in public" project was launched and has helped double the traffic to the website.
Partnered with ClassGrowth.co to help run ads for courses launched on Craftsman Creative and reach the goal of selling 1 course per day per partner.
Going forward I plan on writing monthly memos about where we're at on the path, the progress for the month, numbers around growth and sales, etc. What do you want to know about Craftsman Creative? What would you like to see next?
- The BUILD program - a coaching and community program to help five-figure creators build six-figure businesses.
- Craftsman Coin - inspired by Brian Clark and Joe Pulizzi, as soon as Rally.io opens up to the broader public I'll launch a creator coin to be able to create a micro economy within the Craftsman Creative community.
- Craftsman Creative Community - an online community for artists and creators to connect, discuss their work, and build businesses together.
- news.craftsmancreative.co - a ProductHunt style front facing page to help creators discover projects, links, blogs, and resources that can help them grow their businesses and connect with other creators.
- Craftsman Creative Workshops - multi-day workshops where I invite course creators on the platform to do a live, 30-minute presentation followed by 30 minutes of Q&A for anyone who signs up for the workshop. Goal of adding thousands of new creators to Craftsman Creative email list and then deliver tons of value through email, as well as upsell the courses for the individual creators.
- Craftsman Coaching & Consulting - four- and five-figure per month programs to support creators and businesses one-on-one.
- Craftsman.fund - an investment vehicle to invest in creators in artists who are dking big things.